Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Co-dependent no more



Me: "I never get co-dependency. Don’t we all depend on others all the time? No man is an island, mon."

D: "Yeah, that’s healthy inter-dependency. Co-dependency is when you need other people to listen to you to make you feel right/good. Then, when they don’t, you feel bad."

Yeah, I get it now. Is that why I always have to ask people stuff before I make decisions? I'm not just indecisive, I'm codependent?

Wait! In my mania I am an incredible decision maker. I don't even think before I leap. In my normal state I am a careful planner, and in my depression I'm codependent. So what am I in my addiction? I suppose it leans towards the mania side, but I make dumber decisions.

At least I know one character trait, decision-making skills, that I can now separate out between my moods. I know who I really am - I'm a careful planner. I like spreadsheets. If I don't have a spreadsheet, I don't know what I'm doing. If I don't have a spreadsheet on it, I'm either a)manic and will never have a spreadsheet or b) depressed and not planning on doing anything.

Wow, that wasn't so painful.

No comments:

Post a Comment