Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Emotion words



How the hell am I feeling? I told Adam I was feeling crazy and he told me not to use that word. That telling myself I'm crazy probably doesn't help. So how the hell am I feeling?

A list of emotion words.

Agitated. Anxious. Nervous. Helpless. Depressed. Yep, crazy. I don't associate crazy with bad things. I guess I just always use it as my adjective. But let's see how using other words helps as I begin to be able to identify my feelings.

I'm so used to stuffing them down with substances. As they're coming up, I'm... feeling. And I don't like them, and I want them to go away, but I've realized I don't even know what they are!

Today at work my boss told me he didn't like the cartoony thing I designed for our big event. Ok, so my designer did it, but I gave her direction. I think it's beautiful and showcases the thoughts we talked about going into the project. But he hates it. I was angry at first, and now I feel humiliated. Huh. I Feel. I feel embarrassed. I just wanted him to be pleased, and now I feel like I can't do anything right in his eyes, though he said he thinks I got the concept. So it wasn't a total loss. I'm going to go back to work tomorrow and work on it again, and hope that I can create something that will be acceptable without needing to put my hopes into it. It is just a project, not a reflection of my character.

Wait! This is it: Post acute withdrawl is totally how I'm feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment