Friday, July 23, 2010

PAWS



"People with emotional problems in early sobriety tend to over-react. When this overreaction puts more stress on our nervous systems than we can handle, we react by “shutting down” our emotions. We become emotionally numb, unable to feel anything. We may swing from one mood to another. These mood swings may baffle us, seeming to come without any reason, and may even be misdiagnosed as bipolar disorder." Post-Acute Withdrawal

This is why I'm not going to mess with my meds yet. It may be my mania acting up, it may be post-acute withdrawal. Who knows! It's hard to tell what's going on in an alcoholic-mentally ill mind. This dude says these symptoms can last from months to years, depending on how our bodies heal. I'm a pretty fast healer, so I'm hoping that it only takes a few months to figure it out. Then I can work on getting the right med cocktail in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment