Wednesday, October 27, 2010

5 months!


I just realized today is the 27th. Guess what that means? It's been 5 months since my last drink; since I was wasted on a Wednesday night and blacked out on the phone with Adam. Five months I've been writing this blog, updating you and me on what's happening in the world of addiction and mental illness. 5 months. It seems long, and doesn't seem long all at the same time.

I can't believe it's been 5 months. I've been able to deal with a lot in that time, and dealt with it without drinking. I've been unemployed, had to move, dealt with Adam, became dependent again, and more. And I've done it all sober.

It really is possible, guys. It's ok to not drink. It's fine to be sober and go through personal troubles. You can do it! If I can do it, me who's addicted to everything, then you can, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment