Friday, October 29, 2010

Plan away


I love planning ahead. I have spreadsheets for everything - mapping out my next few moves, even with a five year plan. Not a detailed plan, but things like: still play hockey, take a trip, save to buy a house. I just love planning.

I'm trying not to get ahead of myself with the planning of the new job and place. I'm hoping that I can control myself, and not start a spreadsheet of places that look good to live, or neighborhoods where I'm going to plant myself. I'm trying not to count on one or two positions which I've only interviewed for, and not been offered anything yet. I'm trying, I really am.

But I'm so excited! If I get a job this month or the beginning of November, then I can get out of here in December. Not that living at home is awful or anything, it's actually nice not to have to pay rent or utilities, and to have tv, but I need a room of my own. I love living alone; it's the only place I can sit in the silence and be ok with myself. I love all of my stuff. My trinkets, my art, my color scheme. I worry constantly about my stuff in storage. Is it getting wet when it rains? Will the glass on my pictures break in the cold winter air? I know, irrational, but it's what I think.

Keep your fingers crossed for me on these next few interviews. I really want the one I interviewed for on Tuesday, but I'll take the one on next Tuesday, too. You would think with 5 interviews I'll get offered at least one of them. Hopefully not the part-time position.

No comments:

Post a Comment