Sunday, October 24, 2010

Don't see it, don't eat it


Now, this is interesting: "people ate almost half as many mini-size Halloween candies when they kept the wrappers in plain sight."

I'm such a stickler for throwing things out and keeping my space clean. I wonder if having a reminder that I've just eaten would help me eat less? Maybe keeping my plate around instead of immediately washing it. Or using a plate, in general. Sometimes I eat over the sink, which I know is horrible. I tried tricking myself by only eating in one chair in my house, so that when I sat anywhere else I wouldn't associate it with food. It seemed to work, but there's no place to do that here. There is a dining room table, but it's covered in books, just like all the other available surfaces. I only have this little section of couch.

So maybe I'll start tricking myself again. I feel fat. My friend today said that I look better; I was too skinny last time she saw me. But I felt great! All my clothes hung properly, and I was getting skinny enough for a bikini (which I wore anyway because I felt like it). I hate being obsessed with my weight. It makes me sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment