Saturday, October 30, 2010

A little fun


The rally on the Mall today was amazing. People had the funniest signs and costumes! I didn't get to take pictures, but a friend of mine did and I'll try to post some good ones once I get my camera back.

It was a great day. We walked into the city because the metro lines were totally full. There was no way we were getting on to a train, but people cheered every time a new train came into the station. The crowd was incredible. Kind, allowing for personal space, and funny. We had a lot of fun cheers back where I was. We could hardly hear what was going on, so we kept chanting, "Louder!" People crack me up.

Didn't go to the Day of the Dead exhibit. My friends were both too tired after our 8 hour ordeal, and so I headed home to rest my feet. It's amazing how exhausting a rally can be! The exhibit goes on until the 9th, so I think I'll take Monday afternoon to head down there and check it out. But look! I've added fun to my life! And, I hung out with sober people!

No comments:

Post a Comment