Friday, October 29, 2010

Halloween is not the same



Happy almost Halloween! I grabbed this from Mr. Sponsor Pants this morning. He had a nice Q&A about sobriety that I highly recommend. He's a smart dude.

I love Halloween. I love kitsch. I usually host a Halloween party with all the trimmings: ghosts and ghouls decorating the yard and my house, pumpkin carving for friends, Day of the Dead materials throughout, including decoration stations for sugar skulls, punch inside a pumpkin, pumpkin soup, pumpkin seeds, and bread. I go all out for holidays, and this is the beginning of the season. It makes me happy to just go crazy for this kind of stuff, and really show my friends a good time. I also love to dress up. Last year I was Dr. Frankenfurter from Rocky Horror. I did the whole outfit, heels, tights, and all.

I suppose Halloween is going to be like any other day this year. My friend canceled her party where we were going to hand out candy, and I'm pretty sure no kids trick or treat here in my dad's apartment building. That might be weird. Going from floor to floor knocking on doors....

I'm going to a Day of the Dead art show tomorrow, which hopefully will get my fill of DoD. I love that part of the holiday best. It's so beautiful and full of meaning. I'm hoping to restrain myself from buying something.

I suppose this may be the beginning of a disappointing season. I won't be able to throw my own parties this year. I won't be able to decorate, since I don't have any of my decorations. My dad goes crazy for Christmas, so maybe I'll get to decorate his place instead. And perhaps he'll let me throw a small gathering or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment