Monday, October 25, 2010

Walking to AA


I just looked up where the place I'm interviewing next week is, and it's right by an AA club, the one that has the 6pm dual-diagnosis meeting. This is the job I'm hoping for, too. It would be nice to be able to leave work and hit a meeting before I went home, and they also have noon meetings, which would be nice on stressful days. I really hope they contact me about a job before anyone else does. I don't want to make the mistake of holding out for that one and missing the opportunity to have a job, any job.

I need to go to a meeting tonight. There's one at 8:30 that I went to last week that was pretty good. I like the heroin addict meetings like that. It's a scruffy club. I need to start going to more meetings in the town where I think I'll be living instead of going out here. Not that they're all far from each other, but I'm sure I'd be more motivated to hit a meeting if I'm in closer proximity to it.

Maybe I'll do a little reading on AA tonight. I need to catch up on my reading. I haven't been doing it lately. I've been kind of MIA lately. I just really want a sponsor I can work with, instead of be nervous about. I need to talk to her about not wanting her to be my sponsor anymore. I've just been too chicken to do it. Maybe tomorrow will be time.

No comments:

Post a Comment