Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Stiring my lemonade


Over at If You're Going Through Hell there were some good insights this morning about your attitude towards life and how it affects everything. He said, "We are free to choose the attitude we wish to bring to any situation, no matter how terrible."

Like Michael from AA used to say, misery is optional. Everything is the way you look at it. Is it hard to be unemployed, yes, but is it also a blessing? Yes! I get to take a break from the grind of going to work, living on a schedule. I get to do whatever I like during the day. I can accomplish anything, and amazingly, my schedule is pretty full right now. Granted, most of it is with interviews.

I'm so grateful to be able to live with my dad while this is all going on, because then I'm not desperate for a job. I can hold out for the one that will suit me, and I'll suit them, so I don't end up somewhere that I hate.

All in all, I've been really lucky in this whole process. I have an incredible support system, and nothing to complain about. I even have health insurance, for crying out loud. That's not something every unemployed person has access to. So I'm not just looking on the bright side and making lemonade, I had lemonade to begin with.

No comments:

Post a Comment