Monday, October 25, 2010

Love is all in your brain


You do fall in love with your brain.

"...falling in love can elicit not only the same euphoric feeling as using cocaine, but also affects intellectual areas of the brain. Researchers also found falling in love only takes about a fifth of a second."

A fifth of a second. Is that why every time I see Adam or hear his voice I remember that I'm madly in love? Madly.

"Expressions like 'madly in love', 'crazy for you' and 'lovesick' may be more accurate than we think. When we fall in love, our brains experience an explosion of powerful chemicals. The neural profile that emerges has led some scientists to compare the initial stages of love to mental illnesses like obsessive compulsive disorder and mania, the manic phase of manic depression."

Maybe it is all a chemical process. It sure feels like my heart hurts sometimes when he's so affectionate but talks about staying on his white horse and not doing anything until after I hit my year. Jesus, it just makes me mad. I think he's scared of me. Of course, that's my paranoia that nobody likes me or he would never date me because I'm crazy. I know that's illogical - he loves me, I know it. How could he not, with the way he acts? Sigh. Love bites.

No comments:

Post a Comment