Friday, October 29, 2010

Breathe deep



"...burning frankincense (resin from the Boswellia plant) activates poorly understood ion channels in the brain to alleviate anxiety or depression."

I always loved incense. I used to use frankincense soap when I was a kid, and burn it all the time. It was my favorite smell in church, and I used it as a perfume for a long time, along with sandalwood. I smelled like a dirty hippie, but that's what I was at the time.

So now they've figured out that incense might actually be good for you. All that Bosweilia in frankincense might ease depressive symptoms. But in current medical science, if you can't put it in a pill, it's worthless. So let's see what they do with Bosweilia as a supplement.

And my favorite quote from the article:

"...burning incense really does make you feel warm and tingly all over!"

No comments:

Post a Comment